Tuesday, October 19, 2010

David Lowery, Icon


My good friend David Lowery has just been honored by IFC as a featured filmmaker in their "Icon" series. I've known David a long time, and he is without a doubt one of the most dedicated and tireless artists I have ever met. He spent years tossing security and comfort out the window in exchange for the freedom to pursue his passion for storytelling.

Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to work with David on a number of projects:



Deadroom is a feature film we co-directed with two other filmmakers, James M Johnston and Yen Tan.



I was the cinematographer on his short film The Outlaw Son.


And of course, I've shot his portrait a few times. This is one of my favorites.

Congratulations, David. You continue to be an inspiration, both as an artist and as a friend. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment