Sunday, August 23, 2009

Photo Booth


From time to time, my friends ask me to break out the camera and some lights to set up a 'photo booth' for a party. Usually, what this means is that instead of relaxing and enjoying myself at said party, I'm constantly on call to shoot pictures of drunken revellers. If it sounds as though I don't appreciate the role, I should clarify that I usually end up with a bunch of pictures that, if perhaps not portfolio-worthy, at very least serve as a treasured token of an evening I may have otherwise forgotten.



It's funny business, being a photographer. Every once in a while, you will be expected to shoot a picture at a wedding with a disposable camera and transcend the limitations of the equipment to make that snapshot look like something from your book. On the flipside, you will be asked to shoot frivolous party pics and end up with some images that, portfolio aside, you really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment