Friday, April 2, 2010

Tanya Foster of the Dallas Film Society


I shot this portrait of Tanya Foster, President and CEO of the Dallas Film Society, for an article promoting the DFS's inaugural Dallas International Film Festival, which kicks off this week. In it's first year without the illustrious AFI brand, the festival is still screening plenty of interesting-looking films including:

- 'Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No,' an animated retelling of the Major League Baseball player who allegedly dropped acid then pitched a no-hitter in 1970.
-'I Am Love,' an Italian film starring the always amazing Tilda Swinton, the photography of which looks incredible.
-'American: The Bill Hicks Story,' about Houston native Bill Hicks, one of the smartest and funniest comedians who ever lived. (I know - I've already hyped this one. I can't help myself.) If you happen to live in Dallas and plan on seeing this film, you will most definitely see me there.

I would be remiss not to mention some of my filmmaker friends whose work will be showing at the festival as well:
'Earthling' by Clay Liford, 'HOLD' by Frank Mosley, 'Brotherhood' by Will Canon, and 'Carried Away' by Tom Huckabee. Congratulations and good luck, gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment