Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Songwriter John Lefler

I know I've been indulging in way too many tear sheet postings, but hey - seeing your work make it to print is one of the more exciting aspects of a photographer's gig. This shoot with John Lefler was great. It was a Sunday afternoon, John was excited about the article and in no hurry to get it over with. John is a multi instrumentalist and songwriter who also plays with the band Dashboard Confessional - so he's no stranger to being in front of the camera. I can't tell you what a difference it makes shooting somebody who's comfortable on the other side of that lens.

We went about the shoot in a very relaxed manner - taking frequent long pauses for conversation about music, photography, business, mutual acquaintances and the like. I cannot emphasize enough what a luxury time is on an assignment like this. Frequently, you get between 10-30 minutes. John let me hang out with him for a couple of hours.

I've bumped into John a handful of times since our shoot, and he's always quick to shake my hand and thank me for my time. I can honestly always reply, "The pleasure was all mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment